Sauer Group, Inc. has an excellent safety record. It is our goal, a goal we ask that all employees share, to improve and maintain our safety performance in the future.
It is the company’s policy that the moment an applicant becomes an employee, he/she becomes a part of “we”. We believe that our success is measured in terms of safety performance and productivity.
Specific steps we have taken to achieve our goals are:
- Increase emphasis on management’s accountability and responsibility to promote and maintain safety awareness and effectiveness.
- Safety audits requiring response to recommendations.
- Employee orientation and training.
- Subcontractor pre-job orientation including review of Company and Client’s work rules.
- All managers, superintendents and foremen are provided updates to federal, state and local rules and regulations as they are issued.
- Thorough accident reporting, investigation and follow-up.
- Medical surveillance program.
- Drug testing program.
- A video library on current safety topics and issues is maintained by the Safety Department.
We will maintain a safety and health program conforming to the best practices of organizations of this type. To be successful, such a program must embody the proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of both supervisors and employees. It also requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between supervisor and employee, but also between each employee and his/her fellow workers. Only through such a cooperative effort can a safety record in the best interest of all be established and maintained.